This is Swati Gupta here.
If you don’t like traditional Valentine’s gifts and feel they are a little over then you have landed the right page. Today I have 2 card tutorial for you guys where the cards are a little different from all the traditional Valentine’s day cards.
Card 1: No-line watercolor card
- Create a card base using Paperum – Tacha Brown Cardstock. I have created an oval shape card but you can create any shape.
- Cut a smaller piece of watercolor paper in the same shape as your card base.
- Using a light color water-friendly ink, stamp the owl image from the Mudra Stamp – Owl My Love stamp set.
- Then I have created the sky using a blue watercolor but only around the image.
- Then color the image with your choice of watercolors or watercolor brush markers.
- After everything is dry, I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Mai Dye Inkpad – Jet Black.
- Then I embellished it with some Nuvo drops. You can use sequins also.
- After the card front was ready I just stuck it to the card base and our card is ready. 🙂
Card 2: Monochrome theme card
- Create a card base using a color card stock. I have used Paperum – Peppa Pink to create a rectangle card base.
- Using the same cardstock I created a card front that is a little smaller than the card base size.
- Using the Mudra Stencil – Wavy Heart Pattern I Ink blended some darker ink color on the card to make a contrasting background.
- Then I used the images from the Mudra Stamp – Love jar stamp set and stamped them using waterproof ink on watercolor paper.
- Then I colored the images using some watercolors and fussy cut them.
- Using the sentiment from the same stamp set I white heat embossed it on a separate piece of the same cardstock.
- Then I stuck all the images and the sentiment together on the card front.
- Then I glued the card front on the card base and our card is ready.
Mudra Stamps are now available at the following retailers :