I am Kavya from handmadebykavya! It’s the start of a new month and that means new challenge here at Mudra! The theme for this challenge is “Jingle Bells and Ring in the New Year”. This theme aligns with our latest release that has a bunch of products that are perfect for creating Christmas and New Year projects. Our team has some amazing inspiration lined up and we can’t wait to see what you create.
As always, you don’t have to create just cards. Feel free to let your imagination go wild… you can upcycle products, create ornaments, bookmarks, scrapbook pages etc..
First off, we have an inspiring project from our design team member – Sindhu Manokaran….
I am Sindhu from colorsofcraft. Today I have two Christmas ornaments to share.
- For this project, I started with stamping the images from Mudra Christmas cookies stampset and colored them using zig brush markers. Fussy cut them and kept ready.
- Then I took an empty tape roll and cut a white cardstock circle of its size.
- I used Mudra Mai ink sky blue and cornflour blue inks for ink blending on the circle and adhered to tape roll.Inside of the tape roll, I added white glitter foam to create a snowy effect.
- For the outer part, I did some stenciling with Mudra Christmas borders, Mudra Mai ink Ruby red and glitter paste on strip of white cardstock and adhered it.
- I die cut white glitter foam ring and adhered to the rim of the tape roll.
- Now I arranged all the stamped images and few stones.
- For additional interest, added Mudra Chipzebs Berry Christmas.
- Finished it with bow and a ribbon to hang.
- To begin with, I stamped the images from Mudra Christmas critters on a watercolor paper and colored using zig brush markers.Fussy cut them and kept aside.
- Then I took a square paper which measures 5.5″ * 5.5″ and created a shadow box of size 3.5″*3.5″.
- I stamped the sentiment from Mudra Christmas sentiment and few confetti circles from Mudra Christmas critters stamp set with Mudra Mai Ruby red and grass green ink.I adhered this to the shadow box.
- Added few Mudra couture clear sequins ,Mudra Deco stone mini and few shaker elements and adhered an aceteate to create shakers.
- I added a frame created with Mudra Paperum Barn red paper.
- Now its time to arranged all the stamped images.
- Finished it off by adding a ribbon.
Finally, here is my inspiration – A quick and vibrant card for Christmas! Here is how I put this card together:
- I first stamped the ‘border’ image from Mudra Christmas critters set at the top of my A2 panel and extended the lines till the end. Color the image using your favorite coloring tool and fuzzy cut the top half of the stamped image
- I then took a separate panel and ink blended it using Mai ink pads in the colors Flamingo Pink, Ultra Violet and Sky Blue
- Using the Christmas Leaf stencil, I applied some Nuvo glimmer paste for extra sparkle!
- On the stamped panel, stamp the Merry Christmas 2020 sentiment using Flamingo Pink and Ultra Violet Mai inks and stamp the mini sentiment using Sky Blue ink
- Finally, place the stamped image on top of your ink blended panel and that’s it! You are done 🙂 Isn’t this card just adorable?
- Use of Mudra products is must to qualify for the challenge and do mention in your projects clearly.
- Add the challenge link & graphics in your blog post OR Share the blog post if your participating from other
- The last date of submission is 11.55 pm IST, 31st, December 2020.
- Please go through the General Guidelines here. Any entrants not following the rules will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the challenge.
- 1 Merit based Winner and 2 Top picks will be selected.
- Winner gets Rs.1000 worth Gift Card & Chance to be a Guest designer at Mudra Blog.
- Top Pick gets Rs.500 worth Gift Card from Mudra!
- All 3 will have a badge to flaunt on your Social Media.
We cannot wait to see what you create! Be sure to stop by for more inspiration from the DT 🙂