Hello creative souls,
This is Monika from UROOCREATIONS. Hope you are doing well.
For today’s post, I’ve made a Steampunk Mixed Media Art Journal Spread “Live is full of beauty”. I’ve used Mudra’s gorgeous Stamps, Chipzebs, Decor Stones & Mai Premium Dye Inkpads here. Let’s start.
Steampunk Mixed Media Art Journal Spread:
- First step to apply white gesso (heavy) to the pages, leave the sides partially, no need to cover it all and dry it.
- Apply mixed media paste using Mudra’s Grunge Damask #1 Stencil onto the pages to create background texture and dry the pages completely.
- Add some more textures using Mudra’s Brick Stencil partially and let it dry.
- To add colours to the background spray some water and then add Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shakers. Create some gorgeous effects by tilting the pages and then dry it completely.
- Take some gears die cut elements along with their left over pieces of die cutting, use Mudra’s Mai Dye Inkpads Cocoa Brown and Jet Black to distress the edges of the all elements. After distressing the edges, use Mudra’s stamps Indian Fusion 3×2, Pattern It 3×2 and MM Chaotic Beauty 6×4 and stamps on die cuts partially.
- Stamp the background using same stamps (Mudra’s stamps Indian Fusion 3×2, Pattern It 3×2 and MM Chaotic Beauty 6×4). Use Mudra’s Mai Dye Inkpad – Jet Black for background stamping.
- Adhere the all die cut elements and create a composition from right to left side in decreasing order.
- Add few Mudra Chipzebs from Leaves 2 8×8 chipzeb set, Glue Dots and Mudra’s Décor Stones (Medium, Mini and Micro) to embellish the composition.
- Add Tim Holtz Paper Doll and a sentiment to finish the journal page.
Don’t forget to join our ongoing challenge. I invite you all to join our ongoing Mudra Challenge #37. We can’t wait to see your gorgeous creations. You can win some amazing prizes and a guest design spot too.
Thank you so much for visiting and reading our blog.
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY..
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla