This is Swati Gupta here and today I have a detailed tutorial on how to create a fun secret pocket tag using Watercolor paper and Mudra Stamps.
Steps to create this beautiful pocket tag:
- Cut a hot-pressed Watercolor paper to size 4.5″ * 4″.
- Use Mudra ‘Doodled spring florals’ stamp set and stamp the image using waterproof black ink.
- Color the image using your choice of the watercolor medium. I have used Watercolor markers.
- After the image is colored and the paper is completely dry, splatter some black, red and blue watercolor over the image.
- Cut the upper portion of the paper diagonally and distress and tear the ends using scissors.
- Then I used Mudra Cocoa Browm Dye inkpad and ink blended on the edges of the paper.
- After this, I used my Sewing machine to sew on the edges of the paper. You can hand sew as well.
- Then I took a new watercolor paper and made a card base of the same size 4.5″*4″.
- Then I stitched the base and the diagonal colored image we made earlier from 3 sides and left the top side open.
- Then I punched a hole for threading the twine and for the tag to hang.
- Our secret pocket tag is ready now.
- We have one pocket on the front and one secret pocket when we untie the twine.
I have shot a small video on how the tag looks when it’s completed.
Mudra Stamps are now available at the following retailers :