My name is Archisha Mukherjee from Kenchi School and I am the host for this month’s Mudra challenge.
Being Expressive is Human, it is how we convey our thoughts and feelings to one another. Be it in the form of art, dance , music etc. November month at Mudra is all about “Saying it with Expressions” . It can be a sentiment or a figure or whatever comes to your mind.
I am going to say it with an Emoji. Emojis have taken over our culture of communicating by a rage. Not only for texts messages but many situations where we reply with exact text emojis all the time. This has also given rise to so many new emojis on web space since they almost define our very modern emotions (like * face palm *).
Celebrating this modern age movement, this month’s challenge is Say It With An Expression!!
My interpretation of emojis would be small short messages exactly like emojis are – discreet emotions ! But do not restricr yourself from thinking outside the box. Make emoji patterned backgrounds or wobbling emojis or emoji shaker emojis. Go bonkers !!!! Your interpretation of the theme can be however you like. We love seeing innovative ideas all the time.
We have two design team members including myself sharing our projects for the challenge. Hope you are inspired to join us along.
First up is my project :
Mini Cards –
I thought of combining our famous cat emojis with the Mudra Cute Critters – Cat. These are super easy mini cards and perfect for giving out as a gesture when there is no occasion. I have made 4 mini card here which are all created with one stamp set.
I directly stamped my cats on Mudra Yellow Mellow Cardstock and fuzzy cut the heads out.
I created mini card bases using Mudra Midnight Blue Cardstock. These are of size 3 x 4 inches.
The sentiment was white heat embossed directly on the mini cards and the dark blue background provides a perfect contrast for the white sentiments.
Finally, embellished my cards with Mudra Candy Pink Couture Sequins which ties up as a perfect contrast with blue and yellow elements.
These cards were so easy and i can create multiple card at once. I like stacking these up and just give them out to my loved ones even if there are no occasions or reasons.
Products Used :
Next up is team member Sindhu Manokaran :
Magnetic bookmarks –
– I diecut circles from cardstock and yellow glitter foam.
– I adhered both foam and cardstock circles. On the glitter foam side ,I created an emoji and kept it aside.
– I took a small piece of cardstock which measures 1″*2″ and fold it in center.
-Adhered the foam circle to one half and the stamped circle to the other half.
-Finished it off with adhering two small magnets inside the circles.
Products Used :
- Use of Mudra products is must to qualify for the challenge and do mention in your projects clearly.
- Add the challenge link & graphics in your blog post OR Share the blog post if your participating from other
- Last date of submission is 11.55 pm IST, 30th November, 2020.
- Please go through General Guidelines here. Any entrants not following the rules, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the challenge.
- 1 Merit based Winner and 2 Top picks will be selected.
- Winner gets Rs.1000 worth Gift Card & Chance to be a Guest designer at Mudra Blog.
- Top Pick gets Rs.500 worth Gift Card from Mudra!
- All 3 will have a badge to flaunt on your Social Media.
We cannot wait to see your take on the challenge. Have a wonderful day!