Varshitha here, I am here today to introduce you our new DT, Kavya.
Kavya has been passionate about stamping and die-cutting for a long time. Though she has been crafting since her schooling she took a break and got back into crafting also started sharing her creations on social media in 2019.
Her cards are vibrant and have a beautiful style. The way she incorporates different stamping and cardmaking techniques make each of her card unique.
Over to her… She has a stunning diwali card inspiration for you all today, Sit back and Enjoy!
I am Kavya from @handmadebykavya and today is my first post as a DT member of Mudra stamps. What better way to start my new adventure than sharing a Diwali card using some old and new Mudra stamps and stencils!
I was finally excited to get my hands on stamped images of people that looked like me and had to make a card ASAP. This vibrant card is relatively easy to put together and uses Mudra products that you might already have in hand. So let’s get started…
- Firstly, I ink blended a white card stock using Mai Jet black, Ultra Violet and Lilac ink. For the bottom half of the panel, I used the new Halftone gradient stencil and ink blended it using Ultra Violet Mai ink
- Then, I stenciled the first half of the ink blended panel using the Crackers stencil and metallic gold marker. To make it more realistic, I added shadows using colored pencils and some sparkle using Nuvo Gold Coast drops.
- I stamped various images from the Elegant Diwali and Diwali-Cute character in Mai Jet Black ink and colored them using colored pencils and alcohol ink markers. I also added details using a metallic gold marker to the diyas.
- Later, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Cute character stamp set on black card stock using metallic gold embossing powder.
- All of the images and the sentiment were fuzzy cut 🙂
- I placed the completed panel on a bit larger coconut cream card stock. Voila! You are done 🙂
I hope this card captured the beauty and color of such a wonderful festival… be sure to tag me and Mudra on social media if you recreate it!
There is a new challenge as we are into a new month. The theme for this month’s challenge #37 is Say It With Expressions. Make sure you participate in the challenge as there are prizes and guest spots for the winner. For more details click the graphic below.
Thank you to taking the time to visit today. Have a lovely day! I will see you next time.
Indian and International Buyers can shop at