Hello creative souls,
Hope you all are doing well.
This is Monika from UROOCREATIONS. Today I am going to share a Mixed Media organizer, made using MUDRA supplies.
DIY Mixed Media Desk Organizer:
This is an amazing idea to recycle and repurpose household plastic jars and containers. I have used a plastic milk jug/container to make this gorgeous Mixed Media organizer. It can be used as an indoor planter, pen holder, craft supplies organizer, use as you wish.
- Cut the plastic jug/container as shown in the pictures or you can use your creative skill to give it a different shape.
- To prepare the surface to work on, add the pieces of paper towel/ kitchen tissue using DIY Mod Podge (use any PVA glue which is available – 1 cup Fevicol MR + 1/3 cup Water). After adding tissue to the jar, dry it completely.
- Tear some book papers into pieces and use MUDRA Mai dye inkpad – Cocoa Brown for distressing the edges and cover the inside using the pieces of book paper. Let it dry completely.
- After drying, use MUDRA stencils – Brick and Grunge Damask #1to create some mixed and random textures. Dry it completely.
- Now add MUDRA chipzebs – Leaves 8×8, Leaves #2, Scribbled Floral Frames, décor stones (Medium, Mini, Micro) along with handmade flowers, clay embellishments, glue dots and sisal fiber. Never throw leftover pieces (negative chipboard pieces) always use them to add some amazing details into the project.
- Add Lindy’s stamp gang magical shakers using colour blending technique and dry it again.
- At the end give the finish using metallique wax – vintage gold from Prima – Finnabair and highlight some details using dry brushing technique.
Few more close-ups:
I hope you will enjoy watching it. I invite you all to join our ongoing Mudra Challenge #36 “LIT IT UP”. We can’t wait to see your gorgeous creations.
Thank you so much for visiting and reading our blog.
The Craft Shop
Nagashri Arts, Bangalore
Hindustan Trading Company
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY..
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla