This is Gayatri from Handmadebyg3.com. I have a Diwali card to share with you today. This card is another inspiration for this month’s Lit It Up challenge. Without further adieu here is the card.
- I used Diwali Decorative stamp set for both background stamping, focal image as well as the sentiment.
- I clear heat embossed the paisley design from the stamp set on pink cardstock panel.
- Then sponged Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserve distress inks to the panel.
- I spattered some gold spray and left the panel to dry.
- For the focal image, I gold heat embossed the diya on white cardstock
- Sponged Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed distress inks on it and hand cut the diya out.
- I also gold heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set on white card stock, trimmed and sponged Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks.
- I adhered the focal diya image and the sentiment on the centre of the background panel using foam adhesives.
- To add more sparkle to the panel. I adhered this panel on a gold glitter panel before adhered this panel on the card base.
- A few gold sequins scattered around to finish off the card.
We celebrate our festivals in style and full of fun, colour and fantastic food. So this card I felt was perfect representation of festivity and for this month’s challenge. I also felt the colours felt very Kanjeevaram silk saree vibe. Below are few more photos of the card.
Here are the details of this month’s Lit It Up Challenge.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blogpost today. Have a wonderful day!