I am Zalak A Mandal from TheCardShopStudio As you all know, Diwali is coming and we all know we won’t be able to go to our relatives home or meet them personally so to make them feel like home, I have two projects to show you.
So let’s Start,
- I first start with the Mandala Stencil, Distress Inks and watercolor CS.
- I have blend them with two or more coordinating colors as per my base envelope color.
- I then cut them with kraft knife and stack them with double sided foam tape to look a like 3D layers.
- I also embossed sentiments with white and gold embossing powder.
- To complete the envelopes I added some jewels for some sparkling effect.
Dry Fruit Tray & Caddy
- I started painting the tray and caddy with charcoal black color. I did two coats of the color.
- Once the color is dried, I applied second color which is deep red.
- I complete dried both the piece under the sun for at least one day and then using sand paper I remove red color from different areas to look a like old and vintage product.
- Then Using stencil, I did gold leafing technique on both the project.
- Once its done, I clean them with dry cloth and fine brush to remove small particles of gold leafs.
- To secure the color and gold leaf from dust and fungus, I applied two coats of varnish ( interval of 2-3 hrs).
Thank you for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you make some elegant project for your loved once. Please share your love by comments and we also have monthly challenge theme Lit It Up. Create anything using Mudra’s products and enter in our challenge to win exciting prizes. To check more details click here