Hello creative souls,
Hope you all are doing well and had an amazing Week.
This is Monika from UROOCREATIONS. Today I am going to share a DIY Jewelry Box which I made using Mixed Media Techniques. I recycled a tiny cardboard box. I have used MUDRA’s mixed media supplies like chipboards, stencils, stamps, dye ink pads and art essentials.
DIY JEWELRY BOX:
- Take a cardboard box (I have used a twin pack box of a moisturizer cream, they were already attached together), so I decided to use them as it is. Wipe the box nicely with a damp cloth to clean it.
- Add a few pieces of thick paper to extend the flap of the box. (I have used chipboard packaging paper which comes with Mudra’s chipzebs). You can see in the pictures below.
- Paste some pieces of tissue (normal kitchen napkins also work perfect) using any PVA glue and dry it completely.
- On the cover add leftover pieces of chipboard. I have used negatives of Mudra’s chipzeb set – Leaves 2.
- Add Mudra’s décor stones into modeling paste and apply the mixture randomly on the box to add some interesting textures.
- Do some more random stenciling using different stencils, I have used Mudra’s stencil Crackle FX, Brick and Grunge Damask #1. Dry it completely.
- Now add a few pieces of book paper on the inside portion of the box and add some details using partial stamping with the Mudra stamp set – Indian- Old Scrapt.
- Apply one coat of Black Gesso using a sponge. Now take Mudra’s Mai dye ink pads– Cocoa Brown, Lemon Yellow, Jet Black and Ruby Red, take each colour separately on the acrylic block and add a few drops of water into each colour, then add these inks on to the left portions of the box which wasn’t covered with the gesso. I wanted to add some more effects by doing this. Then apply another coat of the Black Gesso but don’t paint it whole, just use sponging method for applying the coat. Dry it again.
- After drying, use the stamp set – Indian-Old Script, for some background stamping and heat to emboss the whole stamped area.
- Add some flowers, cheese cloth, glue dots, Mudra’s Décor stones (Medium, Mini and Micro) and chipboard leaves from the same Chipzeb set – Leaves 2, using layering techniques. Try to build the composition from right to left. I have added few clay elements to balance the composition.
- Then add brown colour on to the background using Liquitex acrylic paint with the help of sponge. This time also just do it partially, don’t cover it all.
- To finish my gorgeous Jewelry box, I added the Finnabair metallique wax – Vintage Gold to highlight few details on both sides inner and outer.
- Add gorgeous sequins Gold and Clear to sparkle this tiny Jewelry Box and it’s done.
- Few more pictures:
I hope you like my Tiny Mixed Media Jewelry Box, I invite you all to join our ongoing Mudra Challenge #36 “LIT IT UP”. We can’t wait to see your gorgeous creations.
Thank you so much for visiting and reading our blog.
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY..
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla