Greetings for the day. I hope you’ll are healthy and safe. I am Zalak A Mandal from TheCardShopStudio. Today I have three cards for you all using minimum supplies. Before we start, gather all the basic supplies to make these cards like, watercolor CS, paint (such as watercolor paint set, distress ink/oxides, watercolor markers. you can use any just make sure the medium is water based)
CARD – 1 Creating Background with Brush using Distress Oxide
How I made this:
- I started with watercolor CS as a base panel, size of 3.5″ x 7.5″.
- Then with the brush I applied some water in swirl pattern so that when I use inks it will flow with the water.
- Starting with the lighter color (here I am using fossilized amber distress oxide) and dried it once I am satisfied with the composition.
- Then for another color, I have applied water followed by the first color with little bit overlapping so that the color will merge with the first color.
- I have used second color (i.e wilted violet distress oxide) and a quick drying with the heat tool.
- I also did some splattered here and there to match with the layout.
- Once the background is dried, I have placed the stencil and blend it with Black Soot Distress Oxide.
- Lastly I Stamped the sentiment and adhered some jewels to complete my card.
(Note: I have used two colors here, you can use 2 or more colors and make the background more beautiful and vibrant.)
CARD – 2 Smooshing technique and Coloring Stamped image with water-based marker
How I made this:
- Starting with the watercolor CS, size 5.5″ x 5.5″.
- I stamped background stamp “Indian Old Script” with versamark clear ink and heat it with white embossing powder.
- Then I take some Distress Oxide ( fossilized amber and candid apple ) on a piece of acetate sheet and sprayed some water.
- Then took watercolor panel and put the CS over acetate sheet and dried the ink with the heat tool.
- I repeated this technique few time until I am satisfied with the layout.
- Once the background is dried I have stamped one of a stamp from MM Chaotic Beauty stamp set using black archival ink.
- Then on another watercolor CS, I have stamped “Cute Couple” image from a stamp set and started coloring with zig clean clear brush marker along with the water.
- To complete the card, I have stamped the sentiment from ” Cupid love” stamp set, adhered strip of black and golden glitter CS and some jewels.
CARD – 3 Coloring with Distress Inks
How I made this,
- Starting with the watercolor CS, cutting into 3.5″x 7.5″.
- Creating background using distress oxide (peacock feather and twisted citron). Once the background is dried, I have placed the stencil and again blend with the ink but this time I have used “Hero Arts White Pigment Ink”.
- On a another watercolor CS, I have stamped “Cherry Blossom” image with the versamark clear ink and heat it with the gold embossing powder.
- Then I took candid apple and lemonade squeezed distress inks and started coloring the stamped image. A small tip, while coloring small images use little amount of water and a 1 number round brush.
- I stamped the sentiment and adhered the stamped images once the coloring is done with the foam tape.
- To complete the card, I did some white and copper splatters and adhered some jewels.
I hope you all will like my inspiration for our current theme i.e. Play with Watercolour so give this month’s challenge a go to win some prizes. Details below:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you all will take care of yourself and stay healthy and safe.