Hello creative souls,
Hope you all are doing well.
This is Monika from UROOCREATIONS.
Today, I am up on the MUDRA blog with an industrial Mixed Media Tag. The Mudra chipzeb – “Steampunk Key” just took away my heart as I saw it in my DT kit, So here is my mixed media project using “Steampunk Key” chipboard.
- Take a tag (a tag shape cut out from a thick cardboard piece also works perfect if you don’t have ready made tags).
- Add textures to the tag by mixing Mudra Deco stones – micro with mixed media paste, Apply it using Mudra stencil “Brick”.
- Add some colours to the background using Mai dye ink pads (Ultra violet and Cornflower Blue) and some Lindy’s Gang magical shakers.
- Do some random stamping using the MM Chaotic Beauty stamp set.
- Colour the die cut elements using Mai dye ink pads (Ultra Violet, Jet Black, Cocoa Brown and Cornflower Blue).
- Build the composition and some layering effects using double sided foam tape. I have used Spellbinders die set to cut these gear die cut elements.
- Add the same colours again to develop some dark effects using Mai dye ink pads (Ultra violet and Cornflower Blue) and some Lindy’s Gang magical shakers.
- Now add Mudra Chipzeb – Steampunk Key, Mudra Deco Stones (Medium, Micro and Mini) and glue dots to fill the empty spaces.
- Add a paper doll and sentiment from Tim Holtz idea-ology and to finish, highlight the details with Finnabair waxes (Vintage Gold and Amethyst Magic).
Few more pictures:
I hope you will love this Mixed Media Tag, please do let me, what you feel about this steampunk style, in the comments below. Don’t forget to join our ongoing challenge. I invite you all to join our ongoing Mudra Challenge #35. We can’t wait to see your gorgeous creations. You can win some amazing prizes and a guest design spot too.
Thank you so much for visiting and reading our blog.
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY..
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla