Hope you all are doing good and are safe.
This is Swati Gupta here and today I have 2 card tutorials for you, made using 1 stamp set.
We will be using Watercolors as our painting medium.
Tip: If you do not have watercolors you can use Mudra Dye ink pads as a substitute. Just squeeze out some ink on a laminated surface by pressing the ink pad on it and pick the ink with a watercolor brush. It would work just perfectly.
Card 1: Single Layer card
- Cut a card base of size 4″*5.5″ from white cardstock.
- Take a 100% cotton watercolor paper sheet and cut out a card front slightly smaller than the card base.
- Now use a paper tape to divide the lower section of the card into 2 portions.
- Use a blending brush and blend Mudra Cornflower blue and Sky blue ink.
- Mask the ink blended area with some Paper tape.
- Now above the paper tape line stamp the images from Mudra Cheers stamp set.
- Stamp one image from the stamp set using some waterproof ink and then stamp the same image on a Mudra Masking sheet.
- Cut the image from the masking sheet and stick it on top of the stamped image.
- Repeat the process for the 4 images from the stamp set.
- Now color these images using some watercolors and add details using a white gel pen.
- Once everything is dry stamp the sentiment on the ink blended area.
- Our card is completed now. Check the image of the final card below.
Card 2: Simple shaker card
- Cut a card base of size 3″*4″ from white cardstock.
- Take a 100% cotton watercolor paper sheet and stamp the mug image from the Mudra stamp set in the center.
- Now using a Craft knife cut the inside of the Jar which will be our shaker window.
- On the back of the watercolor paper, sheet use glue and stick an acetate sheet.
- Then secure the edges of the shaker window with some Foam tape.
- keep the Watercolor paper inverted and fill the inside with Sequins from Mudra. I used a mix of Yellow and Harvest mix.
- Peel the tape backing and secure the back of the window using a pattern paper. I used a Yellow and Orange pattern paper.
- Now mount this card from to our main card base using foam tape and glue.
- Stamp the sentiment on it.
- I used some sequins from the same set and glued them on diagonally on the card.
- Our card is completed now. Check out the final images.
Supplies used for the cards:
Mudra Stamps are now available at the following retailers :