Good Morning 🙂
Good Morning 🙂
Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) here. Hope you are doing well.
For today’s post, I’ve made a Travel Themed Mixed Media Art Journal Spread. I’ve used some gorgeous supplies from Mudra’s awesome July Release. To check out the full release, please click HERE. Let’s start.
Travel Themed Mixed Media Art Journal Spread
1. Applied heavy white gesso to the pages to prepare them for mixed media work
2. Applied modelling paste through Mudra’s Deco Art Fusion Stencil onto the pages to create background texture
3. Stamped the background with Mudra’s Magical Music and Sunshine Quote Stamps using Versamark Watermark Ink & heat embossed the images with Lindy’s Gang embossing powder
4. To add color to the background sprayed the pages with water & added colour using Lindy’s Gang Sprays and Tim Holtz distress inks
5. Dried the pages completely and then applied heavy white gesso to the textured surfaces as I wanted a very minimalist & textured look (so that only a bit of the embossed stamping peeks through).
6. Stamped on some of the areas using Mudra’s Mini Checker Stamp and Archival Jet Black Ink.
7. Adhered a few Mudra Chipzebs from the new Travel Flourish Chipzeb set to the pages and for the sentiments used a few Tim Holtz stickers.
8. In the end, distressed the edges of the journal pages with distress inks & created ink splatter.
Mudra Supplies Used:
Please don’t forget to participate in the Mudra Challenge #33. All the details about it can be found HERE.
Nagashri Arts, Bangalore
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
Thanks a lot for your precious time 🙂