The cards I have for you today are all made using limited supplies. Most of my stuff is still back in Mumbai. But Mudra products are so great that you can still make beautiful things using minimal supplies.
I used a technique called negative space colouring.
- Take a piece of white paper. Stamp the peacock image from the Peacock Wishes stamp set with any light ink using a stamp positioner. Leave the stamp in.
- Cover the entire image with masking fluid. You can also use the Stamping Mask Sheet by Mudra.
- Once the masking fluid is dry, use alcohol markers to cover the entire background. I used one green and two shades of blue.
- Remove the masking fluid by rubbing firmly with fingertips.
- Restamp the image with embossing ink and heat emboss with sparkly gold embossing powder.
- Trim the panel and mount it on a speckled cream card base with foam tape.
Here is look at the panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Let’s Party stamp set with embossing ink and heat emboss with metallic gold embossing ink.
Here is another look at the completed card.
Negative space colouring can also be used for making cute cards with critter images.
- Take a piece of white card stock and stamp the whale from the Whaley Love mini stamp set with black pigment ink. Cover with clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Cover the entire image with masking fluid and let it dry.
- Mask off the top and bottom with washi tape and blend three shades of distress oxide inks over it.
- Let the ink dry and then wipe off the masked area. Rub off the masking fluid with fingertips.
Here is a closer look at the completed panel.
- Trim the panel. Stamp the sentiment with embossing ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Mount the panel on a dark blue card base with foam tape.
Here is the completed card.
A quick and simple card that is suitable for many occasions, this one came together in minutes!
- Take a top folding speckled card base and some Mai ink pads. Stamp the images from the Starburst stamp set with the help of acrylic blocks. I used Lemon Yellow, Tangerine Orange, Fuchsia Pink and Lilac. I also used some sparkly gold embossing powder.
Here is a closer look at the panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Floral Fantasy set on a scrap of black paper and heat emboss with metallic gold embossing powder.
- Trim the panel and mount on the card with foam tape, after backing it with some vellum.
Here is the sentiment panel.
I hope you liked my cards and are inspired to create something beautiful.