Today I will be showing you simple 3 cards with 3 different techniques. So what are these techniques, you must be thinking. These techniques are very well known and used to make simple and quick cards. These are Blending, Fussy Cutting and Mixing ink with Texture/Modeling Paste.
So, Let’s get started
- I have started with 15 x 1 cm watercolor strips (I am using strips for different look, you can also use scrap piece of watercolor paper).
- Rub Mai Inks directly on a watercolor strips ( You can also blend it with blending tool).
- As these are dye inks you don’t need to heat dry it but as we will be doing heat embossing so we need to make sure the inks are dried otherwise when you apply a embossing powder, it will stick to other areas which we don’t want it.
- Once the background is completely dried we take our stamp, here I am using “Dream Sentiment“.
- Set all the sentiment in a shape of oval over our rainbow strips.
- Heat set it with versamark and white embossing powder.
- Then cut the excess part of the each strip ( make sure you maintain the oval shape).
- Adhere it with double sided foam tape in a middle of the base card.
- To complete the card with some jewels and stamped flowers.
- I started with watercolor panel as I want to do blending technique using “Checker” stencil.
- I placed the stencil and started blending with “Lemon Yellow” Mai Ink.
- Then again placed same stencil but little off set so that I can fill up the empty areas.
- Same way, I have placed the stencil bottom left side and started blending with “Lemon Yellow” and “Sky Blue” Mai Inks to create green shade.
- Then I blend with “Jet Black” Mai ink on a “Floral Mini” stencil and heat set it with clear embossing powder.
- Meanwhile I have stamped sentiment on a bottom right side with the “Jet Black” Mai ink.
- Once it was completely dry I fussy cut the stencil image and adhere it to the background panel with double sided foam tape.
- To complete the card I have embellish it with some jewels.
- I started placing “Floral Fantasy” stencil on a watercolor panel.
- Masked floral areas with masking tape and started mixing “Twisted Citron” Distress oxide ink with modeling paste ( Note: Always use darker shade of the ink because when you mix it with texture/modeling paste, the color you will get is lighter then original).
- Once I am done with mixing I have started applying colored paste over stencil.
- Then let it air dry or you can dry with heat tool.
- Same way, I have masked leaves areas and applied “Ultra Violet” (which is mixed with modeling paste) paste.
- Meanwhile the panel was drying, I stamped “Happy Birthday” sentiment from “Cross Stitch” and “Birthday” stamp sets.
- To complete the card I have adhere some jewels.
Crafters Corner, India
The Craft Shop
Hindustan Trading Company
Nagashri Arts, Bangalore
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK