Mudra Craft Stamps this months challenge FLORAL LOVE inspired me to go ahead and get out of my comfort zone and create these lovely beauties… With so much of fuss going on with water colour around in the craft industry I couldn’t resist myself and created all of these keeping the base as water colouring.
I typically have the base of the leaves or petals darkest as this is where you’d normally see most of shadows in nature and keep the tip or the center of the leaf or petal lightest. I have even drawn some lines on the leaves to give it some dimension.
- I always love to have bright vibrant colors on my projects and hence coloured them accordingly.
- Once my coloring was finished I stared working on a sentiment for this card.
- I have used the sentiment from Floral banner stamp set and used it in such a way that I’m not hiding my creation and colouring behind it.
- To complete the card I have added Butterflies from the Butterfly flutters stamp set and used Mai Cornflower blue colour to stamp it.
- Further I have embellished the creation with a few Harvest Mix – Couture Sequins from my stash.
I have created a splash of brown overall on the card keeping the coloured image safe. I have adhered the water colour cardstock to a green regular cardstock using double sided tape.
Card 2 –
I was much more confident when I started this card as I had already tried out my hands on Heat embossed stamped images and water colouring on the other card. For This card I have used Sweet rose stamp set. This is a 3 layer rose stamping stamp set but today I have used only single rose outline for my creation.
- I have stamped the image several times and in several different directions with clear Versa mark ink first and them heat embossed the image in Gold embossing powder.
- I have tried to create a background with this image. Since the rose outline is quite big colouring the image was really easy and fast.
- I always love to have bright vibrant colors on my projects and this card proves it all .I have coloured the background with a dark green and leaves in lighter shades of green.
- I have added Butterfly image from the Butterfly flutters stamp set and used Mai Cornflower blue colour to stamp it.
- I have used sentiment from Birthday wishes stamp set and stamped the sentiment using Mai Lilac ink to go with the lovely coloured roses .
- Completed the card by layering the water coloured card stock on an Lilac card stock.
Choosing from the lovely collection of Mudra’s Floral stamp sets has been hard for me but showcasing the stamp sets in different manner is what I intend to do here , hence going with the latest release The floral love stamp set.
- I haven’t done anything much different around here other than colouring all the flowers in the same colours.
- I have stamped the Image with black ink and water coloured the flowers.
- I have drawn layers and created depth in the flower image using gel pen.
- I have used copics markers to highlight the love in the Image.
- I have added the sentiment flat on the card stock using Mai Ruby red along with the little heart.
- Complete the card by layering it on a red card stock .
- I have coloured the stamp with zig marker water colours
- Spritz some water on the colored stamp. Then stamp the wet stamp onto the water colour paper.
- I have created a background with these Floral Silhouette
- I have used sentiment from Birthday wishes stamp set and stamped the sentiment using Mai Lilac ink to go with the lovely stamped flowers.
I totally enjoyed making these and If you have been hoarding the Floral stamp sets or ever wanting to try these its time to take them out and rock it just like I did it !! I hope you found my cards inspiring. Do give the Mai inks a try. They really are amazing!
We look forward to seeing your entries in this month’s Mudra Challenge –
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
See you again soon…