Cross Stitch Roses stamp set is such a gorgeous stamp set. I love love the set not just because of the cross stitch detail but also for the layering detail. But for some reason, I just could not get the layering to work. I kind of put the set aside for a while until the other designers shared absolutely gorgeous cards using this stamp set. I decided to play with the stamp set once again. After a few practice sessions, I was able to get it right. So here I am sharing with you a set of two cards using Cross Stitch Roses stamp set.
Hello and welcome to Mudra Blog. This is Gayatri with you today. I have two cards as I said. Hope you like them. Here is card #1
- I stamped the roses in layers using Altenew inks. I used Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat and Pinklicious inks for the flowers and Frayed Leaf and Forest Glaze ink for the leaves.
- I used mini MISTI to stamp the images in layers.
- Then I trimmed the panel to 4″x5.25″ in size.
- Then I stamped the sentiment from Purely Sentiment Brushed stamp set in black diagonally.
- Adhered this panel to a grey card base using foam adhesives.
- Finished with some white glossy drops from Nuvo.
Here are couple of closeups of the card.
Here is card #2
- I stamped this flower similar to the previous card using mini MISTI and Altenew inks. For the flower, I used Warm & Cozy mini ink cube set.
- I clear heat embossed third layer of the flower and the veins of the leaves for texture.
- The sentiment is from Let’s Party stamp set. I simply stamped using black ink below the flower.
- Then I trimmed the panel to $’x5.25″ in size and foam mounted on grey card base.
- Finished off the card using a few white glossy drops from Nuvo.
Here are the closeups of the card.
It took me a little while to figure out stamping the layers. Practice is the key. I got it in the end. Hope you like them both. All the Mudra supplies I used to make these two cards are listed below.
Don’t for this month’s challenge -Anything Goes!
Thank you very much for visiting and have a lovely day!