It is not very long before Christmas will be upon us. Although I don’t celebrate the festival, I still do share the festivity with my friends. Hence I send out Christmas card. With plenty of gorgeous stamp sets just released by Mudra, I could not wait to ink them and create. So when I received the package yesterday afternoon, I spent the rest of day making three card which is what I am sharing with you today.
Hello dear friends, Gayatri Murali with you today. Hope my projects inspires you to make your Christmas cards using Mudra’s newly released products.
- I created masks using Mudra masking sheet by stamping and cutting the images from Santa’s World stamp set.
- I stamped the image, masked, stamped more images to create depth and scene.
- I masked all the images and the bottom of the panel to sponge the sky.
- I used Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Candied Apple.
- I also stamped the snowflakes from Christmas Mini stamp set using same colour Distress Oxide inks and white pigment ink.
- I removed the masks and copic coloured all the images including ground the images using grey markers.
- I them added shimmer to a few areas and highlights using white gel pen.
- I adhered the panel to the card base and added glossy accents and White Nuvo crystal drops to the snowflakes and sky as well as the Santa’s nose and hat.
Here are some closeups of the card.
When I see cute images to colour and they don’t have dies, I like to create a scene (no pun intended Lol!) I just enjoy masking, sponging inks and colour. One of my favourite Christmas cards this season hands down.
From vibrant colours to monochromatic, here is card #2
I wanted to create another one layer card but things didn’t go as well as I thought. So this is a modified version.
- I stamped the snowflakes from an older stamp set called Christmas Decors using white pigment ink on black cardstock panel.
- I also sponged the white pigment ink on the edges of the panel.
- The sentiment is from Christmas Mini stamp set which I red heat embossed on white panel,
- Also gold heat embossed the Bells image from Christmas Decor on top and bottom of the sentiment.
- I matted this panel with gold glitter cardstock and adhered on the black panel.
- Then I added a strip of red cardstock on either side of the black panel to match the sentiment colour.
- To embellish, I added white dots using white gel pen, white Nuvo crystal drop on the black panel and red drops around the sentiment.
Here are the closeups of the card.
I love love the Chalkboard effect of stamping white on black cardstock. Now to a bit of bling, here is card #3
This card uses the same Christmas Decor and Christmas Mini stamp sets as in the previous card. Just different colours and technique.
- On a red panel, I gold heat embossed the sentiment from Christmas Mini right in the centre.
- Then stamped the images from both the stamp set on the edges of the panel with Versamark and gold embossed them covering the entire panel.
- Then brushed the versamark on the edges of the panel and gold heat embossed to get a finished look.
- I adhered this panel on a red card base and embellished with white Nuvi crystal drops.
Here are the closeups of the card.
I love gold against the red. So classy and festive.
Hope you enjoyed and got inspired by my projects I shared today. If you make a card(s) using these as inspiration, make sure you share and tag on social media. All supplies used to make these cards are listed below.
Mudra Supplies used:
Please don’t forget to link up your gorgeous creations in the Mudra Challenge 28. There are beautiful prizes to be won & a chance to Guest Design as well!
Crafters Corner, India
Nagashri Arts, Bangalore
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Thank you so much for visiting.