Im Sharada Dilip from Happymomentzz here today with inspirations for our current challenge – Seasonal card/projects.
Its time of the year when we all gear up to decorate the Christmas tree and its all about the holiday season.Since we do not put up a tree at home, my son volunteers at school to get the tree decorations and I gear up to make something exciting.
I have used Christmas Chipzeb to create this beautiful scene on the picture frame. I have been waiting to create this scene since I got my hands on these chipzebs.
- I have coloured the chipzeb with water colours first and then added the snow details with embossing texture paste.
- The look isn’t complete without glitter, so I have used sparkle whipped cream over the roof and detailing on the snow and the tree to create this magic.
- For the frame I have dry brushed the frame with green chalk paint giving it a rustic look , I tried this technique for the first time but I totally loved the outcome !
- I have added Christmas theme pattern paper in the background of the frame .
- I have added the snow flake chipzeb from the same set used earlier with glitters giving it the snow wonderland look.
2. Picture Frame-Scalloped Heart Chipzeb Christmas Decor Ornaments
3. Picture Frame Circle Chipzeb
These 2 projects are made simple and easy , I have used pattern papers and paints on the frame and covered it with glitters to complete the look I have added the red roses !
This is a Mixed media project on a cake base. I challenged myself while deciding the colours , I have used the circle cake base and stars keeping it to the Christmas theme but I decided not to use the usual holiday colours Red and green ! I chose the blue , gold and chocolate browns which also are also the colours we come across this season isn’t it?
I have applied Gesso to the cake base and prepared it for the next step of the creation. Here I have used Steampunk Stencils and created this texture on the base.
I have dry brushed the base after I heat dried the texture created. I have used chocolate and gold shades of acrylics here.
I have cut and primed the star shaped chipboard with gesso and crackle paste. I have left them to air dry for a day then I have used chalk paints to colour them . Over the chalk paints I have dry brused the copper arcylic colours to create this rustic look on the star. The small star is coloured with chalk paint and stenciled with falling stars stencils.
The next step is to put all together, I decided to make this something special and pass on few messages for him. I have printed out the messages and used them along the Gears chipzebs to complete the all boy look on the Mixed media creation !
I totally loved the end result of this creation and hope my son loves it too…
This is a farewell gift to a friends father and I couldn’t think of anything else than the Steampunk Clock Chipzeb and Geary Square Frame Chipzeb for this creation.
Mudra’s challenge “Seasonal Cards” is going on. Don’t forget to participate, link your entry here.
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
That is all for today. See you soon.