Good Morning 🙂
Good Morning 🙂
Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) here. Hope you are doing well 🙂
Firstly, all of us at the Mudra Family would like to wish you & your loved ones a Happy Dussehra 🙂 We hope this festival season brings lots of joy, happiness & prosperity to everyone!
Secondly, there is a fun & exciting new Diwali Card Making Contest. So please do read the rules and play along for your chance to win Mudra goodies! All the details about the contest are HERE.
Thirdly, did you know, Mudra Craft Stamps recently released 3 gorgeous new diwali dies, to check out the new Cut3 dies, please click HERE.
For today’s post, I’ve prepared 5 Diwali Projects. With Mudra’s beautiful range of Diwali themed craft supplies, it really is very convenient to come up with Diwali Projects. We all give gifts to friends & relatives during the festival season, so I’ve created a set of 3 Mixed Media Gift Tags, these can add a little handmade thoughtfulness to enhance the gifts we give our loved ones. There is a step-by-step pictorial for these tags. I’ve also made 2 Diwali cards. I’ve used Mudra’s beautiful dies, stamps, stencils, chipzebs & sequins here. So, let’s start 🙂
Set of 3 Mixed Media Gift Tags for Diwali
1. Gift Tag : Happy Diwali
2. Gift Tag: Festival Of Lights
3. Gift Tag: Find Joy in Everyday Blessings
Step 1: Cut out 3 tags from thick chipboard. To add texture and pattern to the background, applied modelling paste through Mudra Stencils- Warli Pattern, Warli Mandala & Floral Mosaic
Step 2: To prepare the surface for colors and to create shadows, applied heavy black gesso to the tags
Step 3: Chose a few beautiful Diwali/traditional themed Mudra Chipzebs- Pretty Borders, Pasiley, Diya, Mosaic Borders, Diwali and painted them with heavy black gesso & adhered them to the tags using matte gel
Step 4: Colored the tags using waxes. Used red, green and blue colors as the base colors and then highlighted the textures with metallic ones like gold & silver. (Tip: If you don’t have waxes, this effect can be achieved with other products like acrylic paints as well. Just use a very limited quantity of paint on a soft, dry brush, to do the dry brush technique.)
Step 5: For the sentiments, heat embossed sentiments in gold and silver from Mudra’s Stamps- Diwali Decorative, Diwali Sentiment & Ganesha. To create the mats for the sentiments which matched the background, used the coordinating wax colors to color black cardstock.
Step 6: In the end, punched holes in the tags, tied ribbons & twines to them. To add extra shine and sparkle, adhered Mudra’s Couture Sequins- Gold & gems using Glossy Accents.
4. Ganesha Card- Happy Diwali
1. Blended green shades of distress oxides onto white cardstock and then die cut it to create the main panel
2. Using green dye ink, stamped the baby Ganesha from Mudra’s Ganesha Stamp onto the panel & the sentiment from Mudra’s Crackers Stamp
3. Created mats using gold metallic cardstock and dark green cardstock. Adhered the panels using 3d foam tape to create dimension. Stuck these to an A2 sized white cardbase.
4. In the end, for added shine, adhered Mudra’s Couture Sequins- Gold using glossy accents.
5. Sparkly Card- Happy Diwali
1. Blended pink, yellow and orange colors of distress oxides onto white cardstock and then stamped the paisley patterns onto this using an orange dye ink & Mudra’s Diwali Decorative Stamp, then die cut this panel.
2. Stamped the happy from Mudra’s Diwali Decorative Stamp using red dye ink
3. Die cut the diya and diwali using Mudra’s beautiful new Diwali & Diya Dies, using maroon cardstock for the shadows and gold cardstock for the top layer. Adhered these to the panel
4. Adhered the panel to a maroon colored die cut mat & finally adhered this to an A2 sized white card base.
Mudra Supplies Used:
That is all for today 🙂 Please don’t forget to link up your gorgeous creations in the Mudra Challenge 26. There are beautiful prizes to be won & a chance to Guest Design as well!
Crafters Corner, India
Nagashri Arts, Bangalore
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)
Thanks a ton for your precious time 🙂