Today I’m here to share my trial with textures and colours on a piece of cardboard that was a Cake base! Interesting piece isn’t it, we crafters keep hoarding things like these and much more packaging stuffs thinking of putting them to use some day, and sometime we do use them.
- Prime the cake base with coating of gesso to cover the whole base
- Once it is perfectly dried top a coat of chalk paint , I chose the baby pink shade
- Dried the paint with the heat gun
- Added the sparrow couple on one end and shaded it to match the background
- I have created texture with Mudra’s Stencil
- In the meantime I have made ready the Flowers with Mudra Cut3 Gardenia Die set
- The flowers are made with papers from Beary Hugs pattern papers
- To shape all the flowers in this project I have used embossing tools. This helps in giving beautiful creases to the flower petals.
- But because of the thickness they need to be moistened by either misting or dipping in water to allow you to shape and emboss them easily.
- Finally completed the flower by adding gold shaded mist over them and by adding pearls to the centre.
- I have added leafy chipzebs which I have coloured with green mist along with it given some shading and textures .
- The creation is completed with chipzeb Words#1 wordings which I have coloured with distress ink
- The butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies chipzeb is shaded with pink and gold mist to complete the whole look .
I made a very simple card. I really wanted to highlight the beautiful pattern of the stencil, so I decided to use texture paste and glitter.
- I spread the texture paste and then sprinkled glitter heavily all over.
- Once it was dry, I have added the handmade Mudra Cut3 Gardenia flower.
- I also added a bit of copper colour string behind the Flower .
- To complete the look I have added sentiment from Mixed greetings stamp set .
Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5″ x 3.5″.
I have worked with Grunge fx 6”x6” Stencil for this Atc and paper scraps from Beary Hugs paper pack for this creation !
- I have spread the texture paste and created the background with Grunge fx 6”x6” Stencil .
- I have used brown and red mist to colour
- I have adhered the mandala piece after the background dried
- Further added handmade flowers made using Mudra Cut3 Gardenia flower die set.
- I have used leafy chipzeb and words chipzeb to create this layout
- Finally sprinkled sequins
There are superb prizes and a chance to Guest Design as well, so don’t miss out! For all the details please click HERE .
That’s all from me today, hope to have inspired you all to try these stuffs!
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!
Hindustan Trading Company
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)