This is Aditya khaitan here and today I am sharing some fun techniques to do with stamps.
Mudra has some lovely designs and I will be using 3 of them today to show different bookmark ideas.
Its very easy and any beginner even can do it and they look beautiful and cute.
Its watercolor Technique and lets start!
- For this project, I have taken an 2.5″x 8″ mount board sheet . (I have cut 4 tags for making 4 different designs) and round the edges.
- Now apply some clear Gesso paint with help of a brush.This will provide tooth to layer upon.
- With the help of doodling pen or any black waterproof pen, give outlining to the book marks as shown in the pictures.
- Now select any of the stamps of your choice. ( I have selected Grungy Butterfly, simply florals, leaves) inspired from spring season.
- Try to select flowers, butterflies and some inspirational quotes or wishes for your project from the Mudra collection.
- Now its time to arrange the leaves, flowers and quotes. Stamp them with help of Archival Ink black .
- We will use bright Ink colors to fill colors in our book marks, start with applying a coat of light color shade, follow up with dark bright shades. Try to keep your coloring little rough to make it look more artistic.
- To give it a final touch, we will use some Old script stamps and other texture stamps in sides.
- So now your bookmarks are ready, its simple and easy to make.
- Tip: If you are coloring the flowers and leaves dark, then keep the background light and if your back ground is dark, keep your flowers and butterfly very light color.
I hope you will find my creations inspirational.
There are superb prizes and a chance to Guest Design as well, so don’t miss out! For all the details please click HERE
Hindustan Trading Company
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Vivian Crafts, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Wild Warehouse, UK
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)