Moving on to the March challenge, the theme is very interesting.
The tic-tac-toe grid is conceptualized by Sathya Kala Sankaran. It definitely has a lot of room for creativity.
I had loads of fun making cards based on the grid.
I used the diagonal – Banners, Birthday & Sentiments. This is a super quick design made easy by the beautiful Beary Hugs paper pack by Mudra.
- Take a pattern paper from the Beary Hugs paper pack and die cut it with any banner die. Alternately you can cut a rectangle and simply notch one end.
- Adhere to a dark card base.
- Take a white scrap of paper and use the direct to paper technique to colour it to match the print.
- Notch it at both ends.
- Stamp the Special Mini stamp set and heat emboss. I used a glittery black embossing powder to add some punch.
- Mount the sentiment panel with foam tape over the banner.
I used the bottom line – Sentiments, Balloons & Frames. I also combined three different stamp sets which is one more thing I love about the Mudra products. The stamp designs are so easy to mix and match.
- Take two panels of white card stock.
- Stamp the images from the Let’s Party and Balloons stamp sets. I used the two tone stamping technique to give some depth to the solid images.
- Add some details with a black pen to images for extra impact.
- Cut two panels of white card stock into rectangles and create Polaroid frames by die cutting squares out of the rectangles.
- Adhere the frames over the stamped panels. Ink the sides of the frames with any dark ink.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Floral Fantasy stamp set with black ink on the balloon frame.
- Take a white card base and create some splatters with the inks used for stamping. This is easily done by just diluting the inks and flicking them with the help of a brush.
- Arrange the ready frames on the card base and adhere. The balloons frame is popped up with some foam tape.
- To finish add a hand drawn frame with a black pen.
Here is a closer look at the card.
My favorite card today using the middle column – Chevrons, Birthday & Balloons.
- Take a panel of watercolour paper and stamp the solid balloons from the Balloons stamp set with distress inks. The trick is to ink only the edge of the stamp. Use a damp brush to pull in the colour from the edges to get the beautiful transparent look. It is OK to overlap colour. Just remember to dry the first colour before staring on the second.
- Add details with a black pen once the inks are completely dry.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Wishing You stamp set on the panel.
- Add the chevron detail to a black card base with a stencil and some clear embossing powder.
- Pop up the stamped panel with foam tape on the card base.
I hope you are inspired by my cards and participate in this exciting challenge. You can link your entries to the Mudra March Challenge #19 here.
The Craft Shop
Crafters Corner, India
Hindustan Trading Company
Art and Craft Store, Moira
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
www.mudrastamps.in (Exclusively for International Customers)