Good Morning 🙂
Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) here. Hope you are having a fine Saturday. Today is my first DT post for Mudra Craft Stamps and I’m so excited to be here. A big thanks to the whole team at Mudra for the warm welcome 🙂
To start with, have you checked out Mudra’s superb January release? They have introduced a new product “Chipzeb” or chipboards which are beautifully designed to cater to all your crafting needs. It is a real boon especially for Mixed Media enthusiasts. I highly recommend that you check them out and try them for yourself. The designs, great quality, color, delicate look as well as affordable price point makes them very alluring 🙂 The beautiful January release of stamps can be found HERE.
Mudra’s Current Challenge #18 is based on a stunning Moodboard with shades of violet. Please do join in for a chance to win awesome Mudra goodies 🙂 All the details can be found HERE.
Today, I’ve created a Mixed Media Layout titled “Beautiful” using some beautiful Mudra supplies including stamps, Chipzeb chippies, stencil, Cut3 die & sequins. I’ve used different shades of violet with a bit of greens and blues for contrast and interest.
This is my Challenge #18 Inspiration Project.
** This is a Photo Heavy Post, so I hope you’ll stay with me till the end 🙂 **
Mixed Media Layout- Beautiful
Here are the Close-Up Photos of the Layout:
Step by Step Photo Tutorial:
1. Applied white gesso to a 12 by 12 heavy white cardstock using a palette knife (or brush), this prepared the page for art media like ink sprays etc.,
2. Applied Modelling Paste through Mudra’s Doodle Cluster Stencil to create texture & interest in the background
3. Flowers & leaves were die cut from white cardstock using Mudra’s Cut3 Gardenia Die
4. Color was added to the background with sprays and some water was also sprayed to blend the colors & allow movement
5. Elements for layering like pieces of lace, die cuts & gauze were also colored with the sprays
6. Background Stamping was done with Jet Black Archival ink and
Mudra’s Rustic Diamond, Old Script & Pattern it 2 Mini Stamps
7. Chipzeb Chippies (Beautiful Butterflies, Elegant Frames, Floral Frames & Leafy Swirls) were heat embossed using Versamark Watermark Ink & Embossing Powders
8. Butterflies from Mudra’s Beautiful Butterflies Stamp were heat embossed in black, on vellum, then fussy cut.
To create DIY 3-d embellishments with a layered look, 2 of these heat embossed butterflies were adhered at the center.
9. A composition was created and all the elements were layered and adhered. Elements used for layering included flowers, laces, twine, pearl strings, gauze, die cuts, chipboards, vellum butterflies, pollens, net & threads
10. To add more texture, shine & sparkle, Mudra’s Couture Sequins, Art Stones,gems & glitter were adhered at various places on the layout using matte gel.
In the end, the flowers were dry brushed with white gesso and white and black splatter was created with inks to bring the whole layout together.
Mudra Supplies Used:
Crafters Corner, India
Art and Craft Store – Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia
Please don’t forget to share your wonderful creations with us, using Mudra’s beautiful supplies, on our Facebook Group
Hope you have a great weekend ahead 🙂
Thanks a ton for your precious time!