Zalak here today with three different cards using one technique which is our current challenge #13 Mirror Stamping.
This is how my all three cards looks:
All three cards has a main focused on Mirror Stamping, Let’s get started:
So Mirror Stamping is a technique where you create mirrored image of a particular stamp. Also mirrored stamp image will not be crisp as normal stamping. This can be achieve by doing two ways.
(1) Using Clear Stamp (with layer stamp which has solid image or a stamp which is flat like square/rectangular acrylic block)
(2) Using Acetate Sheet
Both above ways require any dye or pigment ink (Like, Stazon, Memento or Versamark Inks). So today I have used Clear stamp way because I have tried with acetate sheet but I have not achieve mirror stamp the way I want. So will guide you, how to do it with your existing stamp.
- Take a stamp (please note it should be a solid stamp image, like any layering stamp will be fine and bigger than what you have to stamp). Here I have used one of a bigger stamp from “Leaves” Stamp set and Unicorn from “Stay Magical” Stamp set.
- I have used Impresso tool and removed its foam pad. Placed the biggest stamp (you can use any bigger size stamp) upside down.
- Then on top I have place unicorn stamp which I want to create mirror image. So below you can see how it will look.
- Now we have to take ink (I am using versamark ink as I will be doing heat embossing).
- Inked up my stamp for 3-4 times and stamped on another stamp which we have placed upside down (Here you won’t be able to see mirrored stamp image, but if you have used any black ink then you can see the same image as mirrored).
- Then I have placed my paper and closed the LID of impresso tool (Basically you just need to rub with bone folder/hands) to give more pressure so that my mirrored image will transfer to the paper.
- Sprinkled gold embossing powder and heat set it. Then colored it with zig clean clear brush markers.
- In the above card I tried to create shadow effect of a Balloon stamp from “Hotair Balloon” stamp set.
- For the reference I first stamp it on a watercolor paper and did created mirror image the same way which is explained above.
- To create a scene I have distressed the cloud diecuts and created Sun-rays from right side so that u can see shadow on bottom left side.
- Finished my card using co-ordinating stamp.
In this card I have simply create a mirrored image, colored it and fuzzy cut. Then die-cut heart shape and adhered some gold sequins. Have a look on some close ups.
Products used for today’s projects are:
Hindustan Trading Company
Art and Craft Store – Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia