So, lets get started.
First Card –
- I stamped few images form the “Ferns & Leaves” set on a watercolor paper using some Distress inks (Barn Door, Picked Raspberry) and went over the images with wet brush for some watercolor look.
- On a separate watercolor paper I colored the background using Distress inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Shaded Lilac) and stamped the camera image from “Capture” set and fussy cut it.
- Adhered the camera image on the ferns and flowers images background.
- Added some splatters and sequins.
- It is simple to make yet all the bright colors and placement of images makes huge difference to this card. Love all he bright colors on this card.
Second card (Spotlight Technique)-
The current monthly challenge is about “Spotlight Technique“.
I have made two cards using this technique. I tried to achieve different look using the same technique in my cards.
- I masked the card base with The Mudra Masking sheet and inked it using some Distress inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers)
- I wanted to create a scene of ocean where sunlight is passing through the water.
- Stamped the cute whale image from the “Whaley Love” set. Also, stamped the little fish from “Mermaid” set.
- I colored all the image separately and adhere it on the card base.
- This is super quick card yet it involves various techniques which can make your card look more interesting.
Third Card –
- I white embossed the images from “Persian Elements” set on a black card panel.
- I white embossed one of the flower on a patterned paper and fussy cut it and adhered it on main card base with some dimension.
- Added the sentiment from the “Purely Sentiment – Labelled”
- Lastly, added some matching sequins.
- The embossing technique and combinations of bright colors against black panel looks gorgeous and there are so many possibilities using the same technique with different embossing powders or watercolor or any color medium. Each time you can achieve great result.
Hope you will like my cards. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a
Also, don’t forget to play in our current monthly Mudra Challenge #12 – Spotlight Technique
Products Used :-
Happy Crafting!!! 🙂